FamilyMatters@School is a school-based programme that offers parents and students easy access to family life education (FLE) programmes and resources. It seeks to help parents and students enhance the quality of family life by equipping them with the skills and confidence to build strong relationships. FLE programmes and resources are tailored to meet the needs and profiles of parents and students at primary, secondary schools and junior colleges.
The FamilyMatters@School (FMS) programme seeks to:
a) Equip parents with the skills and knowledge to:
- enrich and strengthen their family life; and
- foster better parent-child understanding and relationship.
b) Equip students with:
- life skills;
- skills to build healthy relationships with their peers and family; and
- positive values and attitudes towards family, relationships and life in general.
FamilyMatters@School for Fathers
The fathering movement in Singapore started in November 2009 with a bold mission by Dads for Life to ‘inspire, mobilise and involve fathers to become good influencers in their children’s lives for life’. The movement has gained traction over the years with extensive outreach into close to 300 schools and approximately 3,000 fathers per year.
With effect from 1 April 2014, Fathers@School has come under FamilyMatters@School and renamed as “FamilyMatters@School for Fathers”. It continues to seek to:
- Promote father-child bonding;
- Equip fathers with parenting and marriage skills; and
- Enable fathers to help other fathers become active fathers and contributors to the school.
For any queries, you may contact our FMS Coordinator, Ms Josephine Tan at email: email@example.com or Tel: 6274 0357.