Home > About ZPS > School Heritage and History > 1984-1998

1984-1998

1984: On 31 August, Chiang Teck School moved to Jalan Bukit Merah and started classes in January 1985 as Zhangde Primary School, the Hanyu Pinyin equivalnet of its name.
1985: The school became a government-aided school and had an enrolment of 1400 students, including students from Outram and Kai Min Primary School. 

CHIANG TECK to ZHANGDE

Picture1.png
School Logo.jpg
        

     




                
    
Picture2.png




      



       The new school building at Jalan Bukit Merah


Picture3.jpg













      Morning assembly led by the Principal, Mrs Elsie Lim


Picture4.jpg











       Come on boys and girls, let’s discuss!


Picture6.jpg











      Exhibition of our Science Projects


Picture5.jpg












      Class photograph in 1995


1986: The school held its Opening Ceremony on 6 September, graced by Mr Ch’ng Jit Koon, then Member of State and Member of Parliament for Tiong Bahru.

1986: Mr Henry Loo Soo Hock, Mr Loo’s third son, joined the school’s School Advisory Committee(SAC) and served the school till 2002.

1992: Silat Primary school joined Zhangde.

1996: Keppel Primary became the final school to be absorbed into the Zhangde family. 

1998: A new eco-garden was created. A fitness room was set up to cater for Physical Education (PE) lessons and pupils in the TAF programme. The Parents Support Group started with 12 members and rapidly grew to over fifty members.


Picture7.jpg














Picture8.jpg













      Science experiments at Science Lab


Picture10.jpg











      


      Using manipulatives during Math lessons


Picture14.jpg

Picture9.jpg










      Junior Boys Basketball Team                                            Table Tennis Junior Girls Runner-Up


Picture11.jpg










      Zhangde’s School Band


Picture13.jpg







      Sports Carnival at the Swimming Complex