●1923: The school began as a small attap house known as Chiang Teck School and was founded by Cai Ke Xie (Chua Keh Hai) and his comrades, who donated generously to sponsor the school.
●1924: On 21 January, a temporary campus was established at Kampong Bahru Road, receiving 30 to 40 students per class.
●1925: A new campus was built at 64 Silat Road.
●1926: Mr Chua Eng Moh, the school’s first Principal retired in October.
●1927: Mr Loo Kian Chiang took over as Principal. He kept school fees low to help the poor families in the area. School fees subsidies also were provided.
Mr Loo (2nd row, far left) with the 4th Batch of graduands in 1930
Mr Loo (centre, in white shirt) with students, infront of the small attap house